HOSTILE VEHICLE MITIGATION
As one of the few blast engineering/mitigation design experts in the country, MFD is a leading design authority of Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM) systems, specialising in Counter-Terrorist Measures.
MFD has been responsible for numerous designs of HVM schemes at palaces, embassies, financial institutions, government buildings and airports.
Our expertise is utilised in our role as technical advisor to the PAS 68 and 69 Standards Committee. These standards have become the security industry’s benchmark for HVM installations.
As a leading expert in Blast Engineering in the UK, we offer the following services:
- Condition surveys and survivability assessments
- Investigations, including trials of materials for composite structures
- Blast effect predictions
- Blast mitigation advice and design
- Glazing hazard assessments and design
- Bomb shelter advice and design
- C3I and C4I design
- Protected space advice and design
- Security control room design
- Weapons assembly, disassembly and testing facilities design