The Scottish Parliament - Vehicle Entry Controls
MFD was engaged to design hostile vehicle mitigation for part of the Scottish Parliament complex. The key challenges for the scheme, which were resolved with the installation of crash-rated PAS68 bollards, are summarised below:
- Fully integrated with the expressive architecture of the Parliament building and fenced perimeter
- Minimal disruption to vehicle movements during the works
- A solution designed to safely accommodate all forms of vehicle movements
- A dedicated integrated control philosophy
- Effective partnering, ensuring that the daily Parliamentary functions were able to operate during construction, and in a better protected environment in the future.