Chartered Security Engineers
MFD is recruiting, for its London and Romsey offices, intuitive and dynamic Civil/Structural Engineers who wish to further their careers in the following security engineering disciplines:-
- Blast Analysis and Dynamic Design
- Hostile Vehicle Mitigation Design
- Physical Security Building Fabric Design
Full training in the above specialisms is offered in the form of project design experience, courses and attendance of trials, in order to attain membership of the Resister of Security Engineers and Specialists (RSES).
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to attend and manage explosive blast trials, vehicle impact crash tests and physical attach trials.
We are recruiting for the following grades of personnel to join our team:-
- Director Designate/Associate (CEng)
- Senior Engineers (CEng/experience)
- Graduate Engineers
The successful candidates will have the following attributes:-
- Good interpersonal skills and a driven desire to, ultimately, become an acknowledged expert, along with commercial aptitude and sensitivity awareness.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience at the appropriate level of building infrastructure design in all materials and structural forms.
- Understanding of risk and risk mitigation, analytical skills with intuitive and logical approach to solving engineering problems to partake in the forefront of physical security R&D.
- Ability to prepare concise reports documenting survey, trials and analysis.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally.
All offers of employment are subject to security clearance. Clearance is unlikely to be obtained unless you are a UK National/British Citizen with a minimum of 5 years UK residency.
To facilitate our expansion, this new role requires a progressive and dynamic approach, a commitment to personal development, and an appetite for a challenge.
As Trainee Engineer you will join our telecoms project team and develop the engineering skills required to contribute to the delivery of projects.
Through a continued training process you will gain understanding and competency in the assessment of steelwork structures, grillages and columns. Additionally, you will be trained to provide support to more senior personnel for site survey and inspection work. A willingness to continually develop your capabilities and understanding is key to fulfilment of this role, and supervision and training will be provided by senior engineers to ensure on-going development and understanding.
As your capabilities develop, duties will include:
- Structural assessments of steel frame structures using MSTower / Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Program / Excel
- Initial scheme design of remedial work structural solutions
- Site surveys and inspections
- Production of basic report documentation
- A willingness to undertake studies or seek to achieve professional qualifications in civil or structural engineering
- Excellent attention to detail
- Initiative and a progressive outlook
- Computer literacy
- Full driving licence
The position is based in our Romsey office and offers the following benefits to the successful candidate:
- A highly competitive salary
- 5 weeks holiday entitlement
- Company Pension & Life Assurance (after 6 month probationary period
- Training & Development opportunities
- Varied and interesting project work
- A friendly working environment
Chartered Structural Engineers
Current programmes of work necessitate additional qualified chartered engineers to work with us in the UK.
You will need to have demonstrable knowledge of design and inspection of complex structures, with the ability to work independently whilst coordinating with our Account Manager and client.
We are currently looking for full- and part-time structural engineers for this role based in Berkshire.